09 GTS (Houston)

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by indolent, Jun 9, 2009.

1. indolent

indolent New Member

Hi, I just picked up my shiny blue GTS from the lot no less than 2hours ago...and found this forum first :) , any suggestions on what I should do first to mod my beautiful new car...
    here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Black out grill and middle front bumper.

3. indolent

indolent New Member

haha yeah i was thinking about that, know a place where i can get it?

4. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

welcome! its a beaut! I'd personally start with performance parts. Injen is releasing the cold air intake for 09 2.4L on the 16th. I ended up buying the CAI for the 2.0L because the website told me it works with both, which it does but not as good. bastards

5. LancerRA09

Just spray it with Plasti Dip Can be bought at home depot for $6

6. indolent

indolent New Member

'
    but won't debris from the road cause the plasti dip to chip?

7. LancerRA09

not unless you hit some crazy rocks. if it does rub off and respray =]

8. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Everyone has said the plasti-dip stands up well, i just used a oem style flat black duplicolor spray pain on my grill. Something else you may want to look into is the 3m clear film paint protection for your car.,or some OEM or Rally armor mudflaps for your car. Some people including me have had bad issues with the paint chipping on the side skirts, etc.

Investing in them now may keep your car looking good and save some money down the road.

Great color choice on your car, and there is lots of great info for future mods and general questions on this forum, not to mention the friendly members.

9. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Friendly, when did we become friendly? J/K man, welcome to LT.

10. RaceCreations

RaceCreations Member

I totaly agree, the 2.0L injen intake will fit the '09 lancer but it's not tuned for the 2.4L.. the new injen intakes have been retuned for the 2.4L.... so now you have 2 different intakes that look very simular to each other, so beware of companies saying that the '08's injen intake will work for the '09's 2.4L....

injen part number SP1835 is only for the '08 GTS
    injen part number SP1836 is only for the '09 GTS

By the way, Welcome to TL!

11. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums

now it depends on what your $$ is and what you want out of your car.
    if your into performance then go with mods the will give you that.

if its looks then start with blacked out front, and easy and cheap mod would be your door panel inserts
    i have a how to video in my sig the forums you could check out its a complete step by step.

but its up to you and how deep your pockets are

12. dejesus360

dejesus360 Member

I would go with an axle-back. I prefer the sound of a GReddy, but can the wallet afford the sound? I paid around $400 when I got my Greddy TiC (when it first came out)... But I think it's worth it. Look into another model of Greddy for the Lancer, I think the newer model (Greddy Spectrum Elite, around $400) will hang lower than the TiC, which will save your bumper from melting (problem with the original TiC). The TiC will work, but a little meddling and you can get the TiC to hang lower. Can anyone back me up on this?

13. indolent

indolent New Member

I was considering the Greddy SE (found it for $386.74 http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...-system-mitsubishi-lancer-gts-08-p-63024.html), but after talking a couple of my friends I decided to go with the magnaflow catback (found it for $439.00 http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=2710)

14. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT! I'd highly reccomend the grille blackout. I only have my grille and eyelids done but haven't had any problems yet. Other than that, tint and drop that bitch :)

15. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

welcome! join houstonlancers.com or PM me meets happen on the 19th @ planet xero off west heimer

16. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

welcome! join houstonlancers.com or PM me meets happen on the 19th @ planet xero off west heimer

17. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

18. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Oh new idea! I was at a meet on saturday and I saw a Civic (bleh) with similar to GTS rims and he painted his white. His car was blue too and It looked really really good.