03 lancer bumper q?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by x32weezyx, Jan 18, 2010.

1. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

i have a rear bumper for my 03 lancer oz rally tat i am instaling...do i have to remove the reinforcement becuase the new bumper will not fit or can i order a new reinforcement tat will fit? I have bein looking everywhere and i cant find any reinforcments...mayb im jus lookin hard enough...lol

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure. I think if it won't fit, you'd have to take out the reinforcement, because I've never heard of a smaller reinforcement. What are you doing with your old one? I've been looking everywhere for a lip kit from an OZ for my ES, and am thinking about just going to the dealer...

3. x32weezyx

im takin off my rear bumper and side skirts and jus lettin them chill in my garage prob.....if you r interested i can possibly sell them to u...i also have chrome tails tat im tryin to get rid of...you can look all tat in my progress report they r the ones tat r installed i needa post new pics soon...lol..if u really r interested ill sell them to u pretty cheap..email me at mattseltzer@yahoo.com

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

No smaller reinforcements. you have to remove it and let it be. thats one of the downsides of bodykits though...

5. x32weezyx

ohkay...well its illegal in pa to remove the reinforcment so my car will not pass inspection and the guy refuses to do it....r all bumpers this way tat u must remove or wat...this is really pissing me off :evil:

6. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Not all of them. What bumper do you have?