0-60??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Mitsubishilancergts, Dec 8, 2008.

1. 08 gts manaul 0-60 times with a intake header catback and pulley? 8.5 maybe

2. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Where do you get the maybe from? Was anyone else with you? I might try sometime soon, but I think I will try with my little picture camera in record mode. that way I dont have to worry about stopping the stop watch.

3. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

8.5?? u think so? from what ive heard around this forum that would be a pretty good time lol but please prove me wrong!

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

I pulled a 9.8 with no modds the first time and i pulled a 9.2 with an intake.

5. mikeike8

now did u get the 9.2 with the 09 or u have the 08??

6. BlueDevilLancer

7. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

how much time do you think the pulley will drop off of that? the 08 with intake

8. BlueDevilLancer

hmmm well since the pulley is leaned towards low end RPM and torque... i'm guess ing maybe 0.3 or 0.4

9. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

sweet sounds good to me

10. mikeike8

wow ncie.. gotta take my baby to get timed... or ill just do that in my neighbourhood... lol jk jk i swear lol

11. BlueDevilLancer

Idk if anyone knows this but does when you shift (5spd or CVT) have an affect on your time? And does anyone know about good shift points?

12. mikeike8

i dunno the good shift points cuz i have the cvt.. but manuals are always faster that is if u hit every gear at the perfect time....

13. BlueDevilLancer

well for us CVTs I prefer to shift between 3k and 4k. but when i was testing i hit close to 6500 but not at 6500 or i would hit the rev limiter.

14. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

yea same here but idk which is faster shifitng it myself or leaving it in auto...?

15. mikeike8

actually ya that sounds about right... good call

16. BlueDevilLancer

honestly i find it better to accelerate in manual mode and then cruise in auto.

17. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

ok i guess ill have to time it.

18. mikeike8

haha thats exactly what i do... with my exhaust it sounds awesome starting up and then cruising it really doesnt matter lol

19. BlueDevilLancer

yea the only problem with that is people think you're fast... but not really lol

20. mikeike8

lol ya... but u just gotta make it seem lik ur so fast that u have no time with something as slow as their driving... but i must say.. i havent lost to any V4 or I4 since i put my mods in... its those stupid V6's that get me lol